1964 Jaguar E-type Competition '858 MY' - International period race history including Martini Trophy and Gold Cup
Ex-George Humble Competition E-type ‘858 MY’
• A rare opportunity to own a period competition Series 1 Jaguar E-type with UK racing period history (International)
• Completed on June 30th 1964 and delivered to its first owner a Mr R M G Cornish of Cawley, Middlesex
• Soon sold on to British racing and rally driver George Humble, who had the car race-prepared by Warren Pearce, and campaigned it through 1965 and 1966, prior to buying GT40 #1005, which he campaigned across Europe
• During its active racing career the car would wear registration '858 MY' which it still carries today
• During 1965 and ’66 Humble raced '858 MY' across the UK, taking in events such as the Oulton Park Gold Cup, Martini International Meeting at Silverstone, and the Daily Mirror Trophy at Croft, racing against many of the mid-‘60s greats. Names like Hobbs, Redman, Salmon, Spence, Piper, Ireland, Sutcliffe, Revson, Prophet, Bondurant, Hulme, Marshall etc. 858 MY and Humble even won the GT class at Bardon Hillclimb.
• The car is featured in Philip Porter’s E-type book
• Recently undergone a total restoration and race-preparation with one of the top teams in the UK, and successfully competed at the 2021 Goodwood Revival, qualifying 3rd overall and setting the 2nd fastest lap of the race. That was after only one test session, so there is more to come from the car, and it is certainly a potential winner in the Stirling Moss Memorial Trophy (Kinrara) and Pre-63 races across Europe.
• A fantastic and competitive car for Goodwood, Le Mans Classic, Patrick Peter’s 60’s Endurance, HSCC, Masters, Tour Auto, Modena Cento Ore and many more fantastic European events.
POA ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS VEHICLE